Hello, more taxation questions from me! We have finally sorted out part on my husbands tax tariff and he is currently on B0. In order to get him onto the correct code of B2 married, one earner, 2 children the tax office say we need to get HMRC to fill out an E form to prove that we have two children and do not receive any benefits in the uk. When we called the child benefit office they have never heard of this and I have no idea who or where to send it to get it filled out. Anyone else done the same?

Author:Vigul Mosida
Language:English (Spanish)
Published (Last):19 June 2018
PDF File Size:3.30 Mb
ePub File Size:19.77 Mb
Price:Free* [*Free Regsitration Required]

Started by ccasagra , 10 Oct Posted 31 Dec They sent me several forms:. Parts of this need to be filled out by the "population registration office or administration competent in matters of civil status in the country of residence of the members of the family". I would be interested to hear other peoples experiences on claiming kindergeld, and whether you too had to fill out all these forms hopefully it will be worth it eventually!

Posted 13 Feb I'm still having an ongoing battle with Kindergeld. My daughter lives with me here in Germany. Because her father still lives in the UK the authorities here say he could claim in the UK, although he hasn't and wont. Therefore, they have deducted the UK child benefit amount from the Kindergeld and paid me the difference.

I don't quite understand what else I can do as they are just saying over and over that he has the right to. The fact that she lives here with me doesn't seem to make any difference. Is there any other single parents out there that have come across this problem with a parent still being in the UK? If you were to get a sworn statement from the child's father or better still, from the UK authorities confirming information given earlier that he is not claiming any child benefit in the UK then they would have to pay you the full amount, no?

Or is that too logical and straightforward a solution to satisfy German bureaucracy? Posted 16 Feb Just spoke to UK Child Benefit - they say that because father is UK tax paying it is he should be claiming in the UK and that is why the German's are saying he could claim.

If he claims chances are we will never see the money they only backdate 3 months - we have been sorting this out for well over a year now and moved here Jan 08 which is when everyone else who are married would get their money from.

What a nightmare. The UK are sending a letter saying they have no claim, I'm going to keep trying to get the germans to give me the backdated money. I can try and get a letter out of her dad but it pisses me off after all these years that I have to beg him for something and it really will be beg as he isn't the most helpful of people, hence leaving the country.

Back in Ireland all the eastern europeans who were working in Ireland, were claiming childrens allowance for their children in their home countries, an example would be a Polish man working in Ireland but his wife and children were back home in Poland, but he would be entitled to Irish childrens allowance as he was tax payer in Ireland, there is legal difference between a benefit and a welfare payment, which means that as a tax payer you have a legal right to all benefits that other tax payers receive, but may not have a right to welfare payments.

This was based upon a ruling on E. Generally Germany is really bad at EU rights but this is due to it being a federal state, and all the confusion of federal and local laws and implimentation of EU rules at a national level then several years later at a local state level. Dotty, keep on working on it! I had some problems not similar to yours, but due to the EU rules to get Kindergeld for one of my kids and it took over a year and a lot of confusing correspondance before I got it approved.

So, I wouldn't worry about the backdating. Dotty: you are in a bad situation and I can understand that you feel mistreated or being treated unjustly I hope you'll find a solution and get the money you deserve, but I can also understand the German authorities in this matter. Posted 18 Jan German tax paying parents can receive Kindergeld for their children residing outside of Germany in another EWR country I know.

Where can I find a list of those countries? Posted 19 Jan No residence permit required. Posted 9 Jun And here is their response:. Daher kann nach Art. Does anyone have similar experience?

RomB, that's not what the response of the Familenkasse says. What is says is that when several people fulfill the eligibility criteria for child benefit, the benefit is paid to the person with whom the child lives, and that's not you.

Unfortunately, they are just saying "we are not giving the money to YOU", but they leave up in the air the question of whether they should actually be paying your wife, or whether your wife should get child benefit in the UK. Posted 10 Jun But we are not eligible for child benefit in the UK because the threshold is very low.

Or is your wife earning over 50, GBP too? Unfortunately in the UK we are not eligible because my wife earns more than 50k. As for me, I have a full time job in Germany where I pay tax and besides the fact that my child is living in the UK, I should be eligible for Kindergeld in Germany. Hence there is no benefit. Your wife IS eligible for child benefit in the UK, but has opted out of getting it as she is then taxed on it and has no gain.

Child benefit is paid to the parent with whom the child lives, i. Since both she and the child are resident in the UK, the UK benefits system applies. You need to be a member in order to leave a comment. Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy! Kindergeld for children living abroad Started by ccasagra , 10 Oct Share this post Link to post Share on other sites. There must be someone out there that has the same situation.

Any single parents out there I'm going to keep trying to get the germans to give me the backdated money Cheerio I am a professional independent insurance broker, financial adviser, and authorised advertiser.

Contact me. Hi, This is an old thread, but any advice would be welcome. I cannot see why you would think you were entitled to Kindergeld in Germany? Prev 1 2 3 Next Page 2 of 3. Create an account or sign in to comment You need to be a member in order to leave a comment Create an account Sign up for a new account in our community.

Register a new account. Sign in Already have an account? Sign in here. Sign In Now. Go To Topic Listing Finance. Sign In Sign Up.


Kindergeld for children living abroad






Related Articles